Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Adorno quartet forges ahead!

A brief update on the activities of the Adorno Quartet. We are continuing to play Beethoven, and adding a few other works to our repertoire in the meantime. Upcoming events include an event at the Phelps Mansion in Binghamton, NY on May 15th, with Op.18 #5 and Op.59 #3, with the theme being "Mozart's Spirit from Haydn's hands". In July we're at the Westben Arts Theatre in Campbellford, Ontario for a concert with Andre Laplante which includes Haydn Op. 20 #4, Bartok Third Quartet, and the Brahms Piano Quintet, Op. 34. In August we appear at the Maison Trestler, in Vaudreuil-Dorion, the program includes Haydn Op.20 #4, Bartok Third Quartet, and Beethoven's Op.59 #3.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for a beautiful performance at the Phelps on Sunday afternoon. I couldn't have enjoyed myself any more than I did. Your introductions were insightful and interesting. The music was captivating and I could easily be lost in listening for hours.

    In hindsight, I thought that I should have brought my children...though I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. =) Maybe another time!

    Thank you all again for such a wonderful afternoon out! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for being there and sharing with us the experience!

    ReplyDelete